Overall Feedback in GIFT files

Overall Feedback in GIFT files

by Dave Perry -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Testers

Someone else had this question in an old thread, but it's now locked:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=355356

Does anyone have any ideas about this? Ironically, getting a mass of questions from an XML file into canvas is easier to do by building a GIFT file (i have a rudimentary convertor knocked up in PHP), and a free GIFT2QTI convertor I found on github!

Here is the XML format I'm working with, that includes the overall feedback field ('Revision'). I have converted the rest already (apart from including the picture - need to see if GIFT will accept HTML in the question to pull in image files):

<ID>1</ID>
<QUESTION>___________ __________ means a cistern provided with valve or device for controlling the discharge of the stored water into a water closet pan or urinal. Complete the missing words.</QUESTION>
<A>Flushing cistern</A>
<B>Feed and Expansion Cistern</B>
<C>Storage Cistern</C>
<D>Backflow cistern</D>
<ANS>A</ANS>
<PIC>FALSE</PIC>
<PC>closecoupled.jpg</PC>
<REVISION>Interpretations - Terminology which describes a flushing cistern DETR G1.1 WRAS R1.1 WRG p1.3</REVISION>

So far, I've got the following GIFT conversion done for that entry:

::Q1::___________  __________ means a cistern provided with valve or device for controlling the discharge of the stored water into a water closet pan or urinal. Complete the missing words. {
=Flushing cistern
~Feed and Expansion Cistern
~Storage Cistern
~Backflow cistern
}

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Perry

Re: Overall Feedback in GIFT files

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Dave,

In Moodle's terminology, "Overall feedback" is a quiz's feedback. For a question's "General feedback", use "####General feedback". See GIFT format. "Combined feedback" is not supported.

It may not be a good idea to switch to Canvas, but here's some info.