Edit the Fordson homepage Login Form

Edit the Fordson homepage Login Form

by Julian Howarth -
Number of replies: 7

Hello All,

I'd like to add the "Sign In With Google" Oauth2 login button to the home-screen of a fordson themed moodle.  Can anybody direct me to where/how to edit how the login form is displayed on the homepage (NOTE: Not looking for a custom login screen, which is also a Fordson feature)

I thought that I was on to something when I found /theme/fordson/templates/core/loginform.mustache

But I couldn't see any changes that I was making to that file reflected in the way that the page renders.

Any help would be appreciated.

Julian

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julian Howarth

Re: Edit the Fordson homepage Login Form

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I would either just use the default Moodle login block or use the Fordson custom login page and force login. We use the Google login button (with special css to make it bigger) and the Fordson Custom Login Page. https://moodle.dearbornschools.org/login/index.php
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Narit B -
Hi Chris,

This is very nice and love this Fordson custom login. I used Moodle 3.3.4 & Fordson v1.6.6

How can i do and custom like that such as
1. Insert Big picture background (what size of photo)
2. Slide show (3 pictures)
3. Connect to signing with the Google account

Thank you
In reply to Narit B

by Chris Kenniburg -
Use the Custom Fordson Login Page and set the Moodle Setting for "Force users to log in" to true. This will make the Custom Fordson Login page the default homepage before a user logs in. Once they login we highly recommend using the Dashboard now. More features and more enhancements exist for the more recent versions of Moodle and Fordson. I suggest upgrading when you can for an even better experience.

Many of the features that get fixed or enhanced happen at later versions and do not get backported beyond the version of Moodle that we use in our organization. Currently we are on Moodle 3.8 and Moodle 3.7 on our installations.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Narit B -
Hi Chris
Thank you for responded my question and i will to to explore more as you mention.
And yes i know that our moodle still not update to the latest version yet but i will try to find out how can i upgrading to that stage.

Note: Moodle 3.3.4, What the higher fordson theme version that i can use aside of 1.6.6?

Thank you
In reply to Narit B

by Chris Kenniburg -
It's been 2 years since I updated the 3.3 version of Fordson. We develop on the current version and do not backport any new features or fixes unless they are critical.

by Narit B -
Hi Chris

I already tried to add the images to custom login but the image that i added now show full screen of header as picture below;

How can i set or any specific size of the picture, please advise

Thank you in advance   

by Julian Howarth -
Thanks Chris,

So how would i go about adding the moodle login block to the homepage of fordson then? I'm not clear on how to do that because I never get to see the home page while I am logged in, so I can't edit the blocks on that page...

J

Edit: Never Mind, I figured out that I can access the front page while logged in if I edit the settings under site administration>appearance>navigation so that the default is "site"