How do I enable students to know who else belongs to their group in Moodle

How do I enable students to know who else belongs to their group in Moodle

Paul Young -
Number of replies: 2

I am only an educator, most of the responses on this site seem to relate to developers and administrators so I may be posting in the wrong place.

I have a student asking how they can contact the other members of the group I have auto-created in Moodle (3.2 I think, but I don't have direct access to that information as I am not an administrator) for them to work together with in a practical in advance of attending the session. 

In the past I have used forums in groups, and often the first post to the forum is "Who else is in this group".

Am I missing something in the group formation settings or the course settings that allows students identify those who belong to their group.

I am reluctant to create another activity on my course page just so they post that question to a forum, each practical already requires two activities (Attendance and Submission).

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Young

Re: How do I enable students to know who else belongs to their group in Moodle

Francois Parlant -
Hi Paul,
Sorry for the late answer. I use the choice group activity which allow student to choose their group. The tool lets student see who are their group colleagues.

Hope this helps