How do I enable students to know who else belongs to their group in Moodle

How do I enable students to know who else belongs to their group in Moodle

di Paul Young -
Numero di risposte: 2

I am only an educator, most of the responses on this site seem to relate to developers and administrators so I may be posting in the wrong place.

I have a student asking how they can contact the other members of the group I have auto-created in Moodle (3.2 I think, but I don't have direct access to that information as I am not an administrator) for them to work together with in a practical in advance of attending the session. 

In the past I have used forums in groups, and often the first post to the forum is "Who else is in this group".

Am I missing something in the group formation settings or the course settings that allows students identify those who belong to their group.

I am reluctant to create another activity on my course page just so they post that question to a forum, each practical already requires two activities (Attendance and Submission).

Media dei voti:  -
In riposta a Paul Young

Re: How do I enable students to know who else belongs to their group in Moodle

di Francois Parlant -
Hi Paul,
Sorry for the late answer. I use the choice group activity which allow student to choose their group. The tool lets student see who are their group colleagues.

Hope this helps

In riposta a Francois Parlant

Re: How do I enable students to know who else belongs to their group in Moodle

di Helen Foster -
Immagine Core developers Immagine Documentation writers Immagine Moodle HQ Immagine Particularly helpful Moodlers Immagine Plugin developers Immagine Testers Immagine Translators

Hi Paul,

In your course settings, if you have group mode set to visible or separate groups, then students will be able to see others in their group on the Participants page.