Accessibility Block Alternatives

Accessibility Block Alternatives

by Kate Williams -
Number of replies: 2

I was hoping that the community might be able to recommend accessibility plugins for a Moodle site that is being developed in Arabic language. The current accessibility block is not functioning properly, meaning it is not intuitively centered on the page or allowing users to adjust font size, etc.. Moove seems to meet the accessibility needs but changes other aspects of the interface. Any recommendations for extensions capturing basic accessibility functions? Alternatives to the accessibility block?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kate Williams

Re: Accessibility Block Alternatives

by Mark Sharp -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Kate,

I have a plugin called Accessibility Tool that you can use. I've not uploaded to Moodle's repository, but you can download it from my git repository. https://github.com/sharpchi/moodle-local_accessibilitytool

One of the reason's I've not uploaded it is because it isn't plugin and play. You'll need someone who can edit your theme for it to work. Instructions are on the gitpage. I've not tried it with Arabic, and it doesn't have any translation files for Arabic, but you're welcome to try it out.

With the plugin users can change the font and font-size, and change the background and text colours.

Mark

Average of ratings: Useful (1)