Matching Questions not showing true score

Matching Questions not showing true score

by Lisa LaRew -
Number of replies: 2

I am on Moodle 2.8. We have quizzes that feature matching questions. The matching questions typically have 4 answer choices and are set to default to 1 point overall. When the students submit the quiz and receive partial correct answers on the matching questions (ex. 2 out of 4 correct), they still receive a point value of 1 out of 1 for the question and are shown a full credit grade (ex. 10 out of 10) in their submission report view. The grade book grade, however, does report the actual achieved score of, say, 9.50 out of 10.00. The students are confused about why they see a 10/10 in their submission report but then see a different, lower though actually correct, score in the grade book. I've included a screen shot of one example here. Any help is much appreciated as this seems to happening in all quizzes with matching questions in this course.

First, this is the student's submission page where they received partial credit for a matching quiz (note 11 out of 11 grade but 95%)

submission page

Next, this is the matching question in the attempt. Note 1 points out of 1 on the left but only two correct answers chosen out of four.

The question itself

Finally, this is the grade in the actual course grade book:

grade in grade book

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lisa LaRew

Re: Matching Questions not showing true score

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In the quiz, you have set it to show scores rounded to the nearest whole number.

0.5 rounded to the nearest whole number is 1.

It seems you want the overall quiz score shown to the nearest whole number. You can do that at still show question scores with fraction. However, the option you need is probably hidden behind one of the Show more... links in the quiz settings form.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Matching Questions not showing true score

by Lisa LaRew -

Thank you, it was. I found the setting in edit setting/Appearance. I changed the decimal places from 0 to 2. Appreciate the response.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)