Embed question filter problem

Re: Embed question filter problem

by Germán Valero -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
The error message string is questionidmismatch | core_question:

Question ids mismatch
In reply to Germán Valero

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

We has some situations like this, and it turned out to be caused by this sort of scenario:

1. Create a category and a question with idnumbers embeddable/testq
  2. Embed these somewhere.
  3. Try it to see how it looks.
  4. Change your mind about what sort of question you want.
  5. Removed idnumber testq from the first question, and then create a new question and give it id testq.
  6. Now go back and look at where the question is embedded.

Then you see this error.

There was then the problem that there was no way to escape from this situation.

We have done a fix where in this situation, you should now get a 'continue' button which clears the current attempt and lets you start a new one. That code is currently on github, but has not been released to the plugins DB yet.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Javier MP -

I have followed all the steps and installed the github plugin, and once more it is written error. It only happens with Wiris questions, with the rest is ok but with this type of questions the screen goes back again to the error screen . I add the screen shot. Thanks in advance.

In reply to Javier MP

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The Wiris question types are not properly open source. Therefore, I don't feel much motivation to help with fixing bugs in their code. You will have to contact Wiris support. Sorry.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by scott hallman -

Hi Tim

I have installed all 3 components and when I embed a question as described it gives the embed question text and I save it. However when its saved it does not display the question but just the embed code text. have i missed something. We are on 3.8

In reply to scott hallman

by scott hallman -
Sorted it I hadn't turned on the filter. Just trying to figure out where students see their progress now.  I can get there if I use the staff url and log in as the student but can't see how to navigate there like I can for staff. Can you point me in the direction of how the students see their own reports please. Cheers other than that works well

by scott hallman -
Found it in a dropdown arrow. Might be good to include this in one of your screen shots. FOr me in book it was with print book options

by Tim Hunt -
Well done for working it all out. I'll try to find time to update the docs.