Course Translations

Re: Course Translations

by Moumita Adak -
Number of replies: 10
Hi,
Please go to Site administration > Plugins > Filters > Manage filters > Activate "Multi-Language Content" and choose "Content and heading" as Apply to.
If you want to translate course name into different languages then go to Your course > Edit settings > Add your text like that <span lang="en" class="multilang">Matematically</span> <span lang="sv" class="multilang">Matematiskt (svenska)</span> into "Course full name", "Course short name" fields.
For more details please visit this link https://docs.moodle.org/en/Multi_language_content.

Thanks & Regards,
Moumita

(Edited by Mary Cooch to update docs link - original submission Monday, 17 February 2020, 2:38 PM)

Average of ratings: Useful (5)
In reply to Moumita Adak

by Jai Bararia -
Thank you Moumita,
This works fine but it is very lengthy process should i do something about. Like i have so many content to post so making a whole new course in different language is making more sense right?
In reply to Jai Bararia

by Moumita Adak -
Hi,
Yes, in that case, it will be better if you create different courses for different languages.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Moumita Adak

by Jai Bararia -
Hello,
I want to edit the statement inside text editor for html block on my dashboard but when I put it like this <span lang="en" class="multilang">Matematically</span> <span lang="sv" class="multilang">Matematiskt (svenska)</span>  It is showing both the statement simultaneously like this "Matematically Matematiskt (svenska)"
what can i do for that?
In reply to Jai Bararia

by Moumita Adak -
Hi,
Please click on the "Show/hide advanced buttons" icon of the text editor > Click on the "HTML" icon then add it > When all changes are done click on the "Save changes" button.

Thanks & Regards,
Moumita
Attachment Configuring a html block.png
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Moumita Adak

by Jai Bararia -
Hi,
I tried this but this is not working Actually my code look like this

<li>
<a href="Here is link" target="_blank"> <span lang="en" class="multilang">Certificate link </span> <span lang="zh-cn" class="multilang">证书链接 </span> </a> 
<p class="download-link">
<a href="Here is link" download=""> <i class="fa fa-download" aria-hidden="true"></i>
</a>
</p>

</li>

And the result is coming like this 
Certificate link 证书链接

I write this code inside the HTML (</>) editor so what is i am doing wrong.

In reply to Jai Bararia

by Moumita Adak -
Hi,
I have tested in my local environment it is working fine. Could you please activate any default moodle theme and test it again?
In reply to Moumita Adak

by Jai Bararia -
Hi Moumita,
I did it default theme but still showing the same output one statement in both language together.
In reply to Moumita Adak

by Jai Bararia -
Hi Michelle and Moumita,
This text into the course page "Last modified: Wednesday, 11 March 2020, 12:28 PM" is coming like this "最后修改: 2020年03月11日 Wednesday 12:28" In that Wednesday is not changing. Please suggest something about this.
In reply to Jai Bararia

by Jai Bararia -

And also these buttons they are coming by default but still not changing into other language 

These are coming above the course pages and not changing into other language when i switch to other language 

Any Suggestion?