Upcoming changes in the MoodleCloud Free Forever plans

Upcoming changes in the MoodleCloud Free Forever plans

by Lee Goldsworthy -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all,

From February 18th, 2020, we’re changing the idle timer for all MoodleCloud Free sites to 14 days instead of the current 60.

This means that if a Free MoodleCloud site remains inactive for 14 consecutive days, we’ll e-mail the site Admin and ask them to log in to their site. If neither the Admin nor any other user log in to the site in the following 7 days, we’ll delete it.

By shortening this idle period, we’re reducing infrastructure costs from maintaining many Free sites that are created to try MoodleCloud and later become dormant. This, in turn, means that we will have more resources to ensure that MoodleCloud Free Forever sites that are being used remain free forever.

Site admins of all MoodleCloud Free sites are being notified of this change by email and via the Customer Portal.

All MoodleCloud Free site owners can remove the idle timer completely by signing up for one of our paid MoodleCloud plans, starting from AU$80 / Year.

Thanks!
Lee Goldsworthy
Product Manager - MoodleCloud

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lee Goldsworthy

Re: Upcoming changes in the MoodleCloud Free Forever plans

by Joseph Ozvold -

I think that this email may have been sent to me incorrectly. 

I paid for the electricity.moodlecloud/com site. 

I don't understand why this information was sent to me.  I don't have a free site.

Thank you for your time.

Joe Ozvold

In reply to Joseph Ozvold

by Lee Goldsworthy -
Hi Joseph!

As this is a forum post, it will generate an email to anyone subscribed to the MoodleCloud forum here at Moodle.org. You can safely ignore this if you're not on a Free plan.

Thanks
Lee
In reply to Lee Goldsworthy

by Joseph Ozvold -

I did receive an email about the free plan with a link regarding how to turn it into a paid plan.

Attachment Moodle2.JPG
In reply to Joseph Ozvold

by Craig R Morton -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team
Hi Joseph,

Apologies for any confusion. This email was intended for free sites only - your paid plan and site are unaffected.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Craig R Morton
Analyst Developer - MoodleCloud