I want to add HTML text in signup form

I want to add HTML text in signup form

by Arasp Kazemian -
Number of replies: 10

Hello everybody, 

I have a simple question that sounds difficult to me when I searched for a solution on the forums. 

I want to add some HTML Text and a little picture on the signup form. 

I want to tell people that the confirmation email may go to the spam folder and how they should click on "Report not spam" to bring it to the inbox and click the confirmation link. 

I tried to do it in the signup.php file, but it gave me some error message. 

Can you guys help me out? 

Thank you, 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arasp Kazemian

Re: I want to add HTML text in signup form

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Uhh ... for such things best not to edit a core code file but use what's available to accomplish.  Granted below is not right on the sign up form, it's info before that form.   Don't think one has the ability in the Moodle Admin UI to edit that form ... sooooo ... a 'work-around'.

Try going to yoursite//admin/settings.php?section=manageauths

Instructions box.
Editor there will allow insertion of an image.

Might want to purge caches after inserting image.

When logging on, the instructions box has title of:
"Is this your first time here?"
and below that your text and image should appear.

Looks like:

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Ken Task

by Arasp Kazemian -
Yeah!

I too thought about it, but I was looking for something on the plugins section like a page before signup or a popup message. What you have provided is excellent! Yeah, smart men always think about some alternative ways to reach their goals.

Thank you, smart man. smile

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Welcome!  Would be nice to have the ability to do what you described.  Just doesn't exist without hacking core code ... which, upon next update or upgrade, could be replaced leaving you to do the hack again. sad

Not sure about 'smart' ... have 'been there and done that' (mistake) many times with Moodle so have learned to resist and 'take what I can get' ... even though other might really be better!   I know more of what not to do sometimes than what to do! :|

Anyhoo ... glad it's gonna work for ya! smile

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

by Arasp Kazemian -
Ken you did a great job. You know, I did not do exactly what you told me.
The most important thing you did was triggering my mind. You triggered my mind. And I saw I have a frontpage and another course page when students login. So I change the URL of login/singup.php to /login because, in the login page, they can also register. You can see what I did here at www.ezaban.org

by Mohammad Nabil -
i had an issue with email deliverability that make email go to spam folder
i cannot remember the details , but the technical support for my hosting (vps host ) made it and also some adjustment in moodle
In reply to Mohammad Nabil

by Arasp Kazemian -
You were lucky they could handle it. I have a dedicated server, and nobody could do anything about it. If you take a look at my previous post, you will understand even Moodle developers were not able to solve that.
Make sure you don't have a problem with Gmail.
Gmail is getting too harsh about spams, and sometimes it is stupid.

by Mohammad Nabil -

screen shoot of my setting , i do not know if it help you or not

In reply to Mohammad Nabil

by Arasp Kazemian -
Mohammad, Visvanath is right; please read my previous post. I tried a lot. Even if you buy another mail server to make your server out of your web server, still google is too stupid about gmails.
Please note, I say stupid, I don't say smart! Because, when I compare it with Hotmail and Yahoo, they are more intelligent in detecting what is spam and what is not spam.

I even communicated a lot with my server with google and Gmail, and unfortunately, there was no success.

So I do recommend you do what I did. You can manually add members to your Moodle; maybe there is a little hardworking, but you know your students are humans, and they understand an email that exists in your spam folder. Tell them about it. Even if you don't want to let them know when they are registering, you can email them from your primary mailbox and tell them to check their spam folder.

by Mohammad Nabil -
Yes Visvanath is right
i see the post that Visvanath post a link in the post below ,
i remember now that i talked to tech support and they almost done what "ken task" advice
i am a beginner , just share a very simple information that may help ( share a little better than nothing )

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
So this whole discussion Emails Problem with Moodle 3.8 was in vain?

I don't enjoy bringing bad news, but if you are looking for work-arounds for your real problem, your Moodle not being able to send e-mails reliably, you'll have a hard time - well, unless it is a blended setup where you see your course participants regularly.