Question type - multiple word answer

Re: Question type - multiple word answer

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I have always wanted to build a question type like this. Unfortunately, until now there have always been more important things I have had to work on. Now, developing this question type has been put on our short-list of things to do in the next three months. However, there are a lot of other things above it in priority, so it still may not happen.

However, I am expecting Marcus to pop up and explain how you can do this with the gapfill question type.

(The question type is a bit tricky, because if the student just answers by typing the same word into each box, they should only get one mark.)
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Question type - multiple word answer

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
"Now, developing this question type has been put on our short-list of things to do in the next three months."
You could polish the way Gapfill does it and use it at the OU. People love single [braces] smile.
I can even imagine the polishing as a new Atto button that would allow you to sweep the words and it would add the right syntax  [gold||silver||bronze] [gold||silver||bronze] [gold||silver||bronze].

Note that Gapfill supports that as an add on, if I was starting from scratch I wouldn't have any of that syntaxy stuff. I'm sure Moodle Partner Titus Learning would be interested in doing a new Q type for the OU.....