Glossary with multiple category fields

Glossary with multiple category fields

by Claudie Lemasçon -
Number of replies: 2

Hi team,

I need to create a list of items like a table but this content has to be categorized.

I mean like an excel table, it should be possible to select some items according categories.

Eg :I have 10 records ; 5 for year 2020 and 5 for year 2019.

I have 3 of them for client A in 2020 and 2 for year 2019.

I need to display only records for 2020 AND client A.

How can I manage this as I have only one field category  with keywords inside (years for example)

Is it possible a get 2 or more drop down lists ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Claudie Lemasçon

Re: Glossary with multiple category fields

by Troy Patterson -
Hm. First of all, I'll wonder why you are using a Glossary? This sounds like a spreadsheet would be the correct tool.

Depending on the type of Glossary, you could use categories (2019, 2020) combined with keywords or tags. The categories (available in all but "Simple Dictionary Style", I believe) would group entries together. Then you could use tags (since you can manage these and have them "picked" rather than entered, it is more reliable) or keywords to search for your other criteria.

Not sure that this will display the way that you want though.

Another option would be to use the Database module. This, combined with Advanced Search, would give you a listing of just the things that you wanted. In the Database module you would create a field for year and a field for client. In advanced search you can enter the data that you want to look for.

Here is an example of a database that would be searchable by field:

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Troy Patterson

Re: Glossary with multiple category fields

by Claudie Lemasçon -
Thank you so much ! It's seems to be the activity I need.
Can you tell me haw can I manage access rights please ?
I'd like end users to just grant access for reading and some others to add new records and manage directly from the site without admin rights.