cannot edit closed quiz

cannot edit closed quiz

by Kris Thielemans -
Number of replies: 3

I have a quiz (Moodle  3.7) which was inherited from previous year (previous moodle).  It seems that the current quit has inherited the attempts from last year. I can therefore not edit the quiz:

> You cannot add or remove questions because this quiz has been attempted.

The quiz is open ended and for informal feedback only. I therefore did not put in an end date. That's probably why the attempts survived the Moodle yearly reset. In an attempt to get round this, I have assigned the quiz an end date/time, which means that the quiz is now closed. This did not  help. I then regraded the quiz. This didn't help either.

I'm stuck ...

Anyone knows how to get rid of the attempts of previous year(s)?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Kris Thielemans

Re: cannot edit closed quiz

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Go to the quiz results page. If necessary change the settting to 'All attempts' from 'Attempts by enrolled usres'.

Then you can delete the attempts.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Kris Thielemans -

Great. Thanks Tim. "all attempts" did make them show up. I then had to look at some youtube video to find out how to delete them. All fixed!

thanks again

Kris

PS:  I personally find that the location of the boxes to "regrade selected attempts" or "remove selected attempts" should be moved/copied to the top of the list, as opposed to the bottom, but that seems to be a general Moodle design choice.

In reply to Kris Thielemans

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Interesting. Those links have been at the bottom of the table for years, but perhaps in that time a different convention has arisen.