Removing "Request Review" feature

Removing "Request Review" feature

by Lee Chamney -
Number of replies: 6

Hi, I'm hoping to use the Competencies feature in an unusual way. All Competencies will be marked complete automatically by specific courses; there is no need for the "Request Review" feature. Is it possible to remove this feature entirely to avoid confusing students?

More info if needed: 

Basically, my company is developing many short courses that can be combined into different learning plans. The same course could appear in multiple plans; for example, "Crisis Management" will appear in both Supervisor and Hospital Environment learning plans.

My plan is to use very simple, course-specific Competencies, i.e. a Competency literally called "Complete Crisis Management Course." That way, students will receive an easy-to-read learning plan reading "Complete X Course, Complete Y Course, Complete Z Course." While I like the Learning Plan feature, the student-facing interface is too complex for this simple a system. I'm looking for ways to remove the Request Review feature.

Attachment request review.PNG
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Lee Chamney

Re: Removing "Request Review" feature

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
IMHO it should be a system configuration option. Turn on/Turn Off Request review.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Lee Chamney -

In config.php? I'll look into it. Thanks!

In reply to Lee Chamney

by Henrik John -

Have you found an answer to your question? I am also looking into turning that feature off.

In reply to Henrik John

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
I just searched the tracker - and could not find a request to add that functionality - If someone creates the tracker I will vote for it.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Henrik John -
I have created a tracker entry for this feature request at https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-69063. Thanks!
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Henrik John

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Thank you!
I voted -
I also found some other vote worthy trackers.
Add the functionality to add multiple competencies to a Learning Plan using checkbox vs. CTRL key MDL-62551
and the functionality to move a competency framework MDL-57749.