Adoption of Timestat block and MindMap course format

Adoption of Timestat block and MindMap course format

by Łukasz Sanokowski -
Number of replies: 13

Hello All

Since almost year I don't use Moodle any more.

I am willing to give following plugins:

https://moodle.org/plugins/block_timestat
https://moodle.org/plugins/format_mindmap

Into good hands smile

They are not shared in any git repo. A new maintainer should simply download packages and make initial commit using them.

Average of ratings:Useful (2)
In reply to Łukasz Sanokowski

Re: Adoption of Timestat block and MindMap course format

by Virasat Solutions -
Hello Lukasz,

I am looking forward to maintaining this plugin. As first things would like to upgrade it to the latest moodle version. Let me know when can we discuss about it.

Virasat
In reply to Virasat Solutions

Odp: Re: Adoption of Timestat block and MindMap course format

by Łukasz Sanokowski -
Hi!

At some point of time (I don't remember which Moodle version it was) there was introduced new logging API. The previous logging mechanism was named "Legacy log" and it is only log mechanism supported by this plugin. You need to start from there.

Re: Odp: Re: Adoption of Timestat block and MindMap course format

by Virasat Solutions -
Oky, I will review and get back to you
In reply to Virasat Solutions

Re: Odp: Re: Adoption of Timestat block and MindMap course format

by Alexis Saturno -

Hi, there are Any advance in the actualization of the plugin to newest versions?

by Jorge C. -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hello Łukasz,

I am interested in maintaining this plugin (block_timestat). I have experience working with the new Logging API, so I would like to adopt this plugin and update it to the latest Moodle version.
Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Jorge C.

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Jorge - thanks for offering to take over maintenance! - a good place to start with would be to drop the current code into your own public git repository (github/gitlab etc) - I note that Łukasz doesn't appear to have this in a github repository anymore so you should make the first commit in your repository with his code and also manually modify that commit so that the author is set to Łukasz rather than yourself for that very first commit. Then add some further commits on top of that original code to get it working in a newer release and post the link here to your github work in progress - that will show us that you have the skills and motivation to take on maintenance longer-term and we can then look at assigning the moodle.org plugins db entry to you.
Average of ratings:Useful (5)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Jorge C. -
Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for the detailed instructions. I have uploaded the plugin to the following repository: https://github.com/jcorel/block_timestat
I have made the minimal changes to make the plugin work with Moodle 3.11, but of course there is a lot of work to be done to upgrade the plugin to Moodle standards - specifically regarding the Logging API.
In reply to Jorge C.

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Many thanks Jorge for the offer and for the update! Please note the comment I left at https://github.com/jcorel/block_timestat/commit/ac4b4111e46cc0bef3e8164c3783e9b1c4943e2e#r69654101 - direct inclusion of passed arguments in SQL is not safe and should not be needed in this case.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Jorge C. -
Thank you for taking the time to review it, David.

I have updated the repository to include your suggestion.

by Jorge C. -
Hello everyone,

I have updated the repository with important changes. At this moment the plugin is fully compatible with Moodle 3.11. Could someone check it?

Important changes still need to be made to adapt the plugin to Moodle 3.11 standard (for example, regarding AMD modules) but I consider that an acceptable first goal is to get the plugin to do its job in this version.
In reply to Jorge C.

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks Jorge! - I've just re-assigned the moodle.org plugins db entry to yourself and updated the source control and tracker links in the plugin entry too.

Can you please upload the new version to the plugins db entry:
https://moodle.org/plugins/block_timestat

(you should now have access the developer zone link which has an "add new version" button)

Then once you've done that - hit the "request re-approval" button on that same page and it will get added to our queue for review.

thanks!
.*Edit* - I took a very quick look at your code in your plugins repo and reported a few issues - not all are blockers for approval though, so feel free to leave the non-blockers and just sort out the ones I've flagged as blockers before you send through for us to take a look.