Proposal for new features in Unilabel

Re: Proposal for new features in Unilabel

by Andreas Grabs -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi,

1. Copy the plugin into your moodle installation (<your-moodle>/mod/unilabel).
  2. Copy the file "subplugins.php" into <your-moodle>/mod/unilabel/db (Note the name: subplugins.php)
  3. Go to Website administration and complete the installation.

I hope that helps a little.

Best regards
Andreas

In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Vishal E -
Hello Andreas, I already am using 3.7 version of this plugin. Will copying the 3.8 version remove the previous data or will it preserve the data. This is important because at many places, I have used 3.7 and I fear installing 3.8 will remove that data.
In reply to Vishal E

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi Vishal,

I am not quite sure what do you mean.
If you do an upgrade, all data will remain.
If you copy your installation and you do this including all data, then all data will remain.
Nevertheless if you're not sure I'd recommend a test system for this. Then you will know for sure.

Best regards
Andreas

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Vishal E -
Hi Andreas,
Thanks for your reply. I mean:
1. I am using Unilabel 3.6.3 (2019050900) on my Moodle 3.7 version. I am using it in many courses currently.
2. I want to upgrade Unilabel to 3.8.1 (2020022900) on the same Moodle 3.7.
3. As you suggested, I need to copy this plugin into /moodle/mod/unilabel and subplugin.php into /moodle/mod/unilabel/db.
4. My doubt is, can I just copy 3.8.1 plugin files into already existing (for 3.6.3) folder without loosing any previous data? By data, I mean the unilabels I already created in my courses using old Unilabel, i.e. 3.6.3 version.
In reply to Vishal E

by Andreas Grabs -

Hi Vishal,

there shouldn't be a problem with your existing data. However, you should always make a backup before updating a plugin. This is the only way to go back if something went wrong.

Best regards
Andreas