Fordson Theme Custom Changes Don't Take Effect

Fordson Theme Custom Changes Don't Take Effect

by Jayden Tyronian -
Number of replies: 2

Hi community

I'm hoping some one can shed light on my tired grey cells...

I recently upgraded our moodle site from 3.6 to 3.8 including the usual plugin updates which included the Fordson theme and its 3 cloned versions.

It seems that the stock standard Forsdon theme is working as expected as is 2 of the 3 custom versions.

One of the cloned versions, some aspects change, but things like, changing the colours, the presets, particularly the 'theme preset' option claims to have 'saved' in the Admin area, but upon going to the Category area that has that theme applied to it, the changes have not been applied at all.

I did a test on the others and similar/same changes to apply/change as I selected.  Just not this 1 clone theme.

With other things to work on, I'm lost as to what else could be wrong.  I did have a quick look at the permissions of the other theme folders vs. this 1 and the permissions all look the same.

Thank you in advance.

Jayden

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jayden Tyronian

Re: Fordson Theme Custom Changes Don't Take Effect

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Have you cleared the caches? I would suggest going into your moodleDATA (not moodle code) folder and deleting the cache and localcache folders. See if that helps. If not, try recopying over the folder for the theme that is not working - it is possible a file corrupted when you copied it over previously..and reapply permissions just to be on the safe side...
In reply to Jayden Tyronian

Re: Fordson Theme Custom Changes Don't Take Effect

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In the clones you might not have changed everything that needs changing and then it pulls the settings from the original.