End of Lesson link back to section not to course

End of Lesson link back to section not to course

by Pete Langshaw -
Number of replies: 2

Hey there Hive Mind

(First time poster - long time searcher)

Frantically putting together online content to deliver to students stuck behind closed borders. Need an answer, definitive or otherwise, on this.

When a student gets to the end of a lesson, is there a way to have a link back to the 'parent section' of the Course rather than to the Course itself?

Here is what I want it to look like - 

But no matter what I do - I can't get it to link back to Week 1 section. 

Currently there is a Label at the top of Week 1 that I have tried linking to to no avail.

I also made the links look like buttons by wrapping the {$a} link in language customisation in a <button class="btn btn-primary"> </button> pair.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pete Langshaw

Re: End of Lesson link back to section not to course

by John Pin -
Sorry if this is obvious, but can't you grab the http address of your destination and in the html editor (atto) create a link. If its a graphic you are using in your image for "WEEK ONE" then create the link on that graphic.
Go to your destination page. Copy the html address.
Then go to the end of your course...add the text WEEK ONE, and apply the link to that text and add the html address as the destination.

I apologise as assume you are way above that information, but i offer it just in case.
Regards
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Pete Langshaw

Re: End of Lesson link back to section not to course

by EA Carl -
Thank you for the button link suggestion! 

I right-clicked on the topic section name to see the unique position in the course page (in my example that follows: "#section-1") and created a button on the last page of the lesson (in my case the last iContent page of the lesson): .../course/view.php?id=55#section-1

Seems to work for me. But of course the link has to be manually found and added just like 'John Pin' discusses in his reply to your post.