Allow student make a comment/feedback for each question in quiz

Allow student make a comment/feedback for each question in quiz

by Owais Sonija -
Number of replies: 8

The ability to report issue or error in any in a question in any quiz is not present in moodle by default. But, you can do it following the instruction below:

List of required plugins:

1. Local Pages (https://moodle.org/plugins/local_pages)

2. Contact Form (https://moodle.org/plugins/local_contact)

3. Filter Codes (https://moodle.org/plugins/filter_filtercodes)

You need to insert the following code in the general feedback for each question in the quiz.

<a href="link of the page of report question form" target="_blank">

<input type="button" name="report_question" id="report_question" value="Report Question">

</a>

This button will appear like this:

Report Question Button Page

On clicking this "Report Question" button, it will take the user to the report question form page which can be designed like the form below:

Report Question Form Page

That's it, if anyone has further query, feel free to ask.  

Average of ratings: Useful (5)
In reply to Owais Sonija

Re: Allow student make a comment/feedback for each question in quiz

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Owais,

Thank you for sharing that very interesting use of my ContactForm and FilterCodes plugins. I love seeing innovative and creative ideas like yours. If you don't mind, I would also like to share a tip with you.

Did you know?  It is not necessary to use the Local Pages plugin in order to make publicly available pages in Moodle. You can actually create forms on any Moodle Page type activity resource, even ones within in your course. Should you need a form that must be accessible to all users who are not logged in and have not enabled the Force Login option, you can just add a page activity to your home page. These pages, like your Home page, can be accessed by all users, whether they are logged-in or logged-out. If you don't like having the link appear on your home page, you can use some CSS to hide it {display:none}.

Don't get me wrong, Local Pages is a useful plugin. I've used it myself on some Moodle projects. However it may not be necessary in all situations.

Thanks again for sharing! Hope you find my tip useful too.

Michael Milette
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Michael Milette

by Mehmet K -
Is there a way to get question name using filter codes?
In reply to Mehmet K

by Owais Sonija -

Assalam o Alaikum Mehmat,

Can you elaborate your question? Where do you want question name in moodle?

In reply to Owais Sonija

by Mehmet K -
Wa-Alaikum-Salaam Owais,

I am looking for a way to get feedback from my students for questions in quizzes. I have lots of questions and each has unieque ID (question name). I want to make it easy for students to get more feedback. I've tried to find a way to get the list of all flagged questions in all courses (in a course at least), seems like there is no easy way. I've checked StudentQuiz but it requires to create all the quizzes again.

Based on your idea, here is what I tried to do:
  1. Use Filtercodes to get the question name.
  2. Use Google Forms pre-filled answers via link and get most of the answers in the form via one-click. Student can just answer other optional questions and submit his/her feedback.
  3. Put links (or buttons) for ratings like: 1   2   3   4   5 in each question.
Form questions can be like: 1-Question Name (pre-filled), 2- Rating (Pre-filled), 3- Feedback/Comment (Optional) ... other ratings (optional)
In reply to Mehmet K

by Walter Byrd -

I am not sure what you mean by "recreating the quizzes." You do have to add the StudentQuiz activity, but that's easy. Then you just transfer the questions over, which is also easy.

I was able to go into the question bank and move the questions from the standard Quiz activity to StudentQuiz easily enough. Just select the questions you want to move, and use the "Move" button.

In reply to Mehmet K

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Not that I can think of. However, if you are doing one question per page, it might be helpful to use the {referrer} tag. It would provide you with the URL of the page on which they clicked the button which lead them to your form. Note that I have not actually tried this myself from a question but it is an approach I might try if I were you.

Let me know if this works for you.
In reply to Michael Milette

by Owais Sonija -

Hi Michael,

It's great to see your comment. I am a big fan of your work, eagerly waiting for autoresponder feature on your roadmap for contact forms. Thanks for the info and work. Your work has actually inspired me to learn programming to contribute back to Moodle.

If you need any help with HTML and CSS feel free to contact me, I would love to work on that.

Kind Regards,

Owais Sonija