Help in mobile login - external auth.

Help in mobile login - external auth.

by UNIT Uruguay -
Number of replies: 4

Hi!

In our website the registered users can buy 'Online courses'.

In the user dashboard page there's a list of aquired course with an link to access moodle. That link uses the moodle webservice 'auth_userkey_request_login_url', so the user get registered in moodle and get access to.

But now I want to allow users to use the moodle mobile app. The app show my website login page, and the login is ok, but I need to know a way to 'tell' the app that the user is logged in.

I read something about SSO login, but not sure if I need this to my case.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to UNIT Uruguay

Re: Help in mobile login - external auth.

by Vinod Singh -
What do you mean by "'tell' the app that the user is logged in" ?
In reply to Vinod Singh

by UNIT Uruguay -

Hi! Sorry for the delay in the answer,

It's a little difficult for me to explain, this is the process that I need help:

• When the app is launched it shows the internal browser and open my website login page (different to my moodle site).
  • The user logs into this website, and then, using webservices it get a token from the moodle site and redirects to moodle with the user logged in
  • Now the user is logged in moodle, but inside the app internal browser.
I want to know how to notify the app that the internal browser get the login, so the user can use the moodle app in the proper way, and not inside the browser.

(sorry about my english)
In reply to UNIT Uruguay

by Vinod Singh -
Looks like browser is not redirecting back to the app after authentication. See if https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=397279 is of any help.
In reply to Vinod Singh

by UNIT Uruguay -

Vinod, thank you for your answer, but I don't think it will help me since your solution is about compiled apps, and my problem is with the standard app.

O maybe I don't understand that post, in that case I don't know were to put the xml file.