Exception Call to undefined function core_message_render_navbar_output() when updating to Moodle 3.8

Exception Call to undefined function core_message_render_navbar_output() when updating to Moodle 3.8

by Víctor Mdza -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I had a running Moodle 3.6 with the compatible version of EDWEISER REMUI and H5p, all was working OK.

Today we updated to Moodle 3.8.1 and also updated the REMUI and h5p related files to the compatible version. The update system detected the new Moodle version and the newer plugins versions.

After the system finished to update all with no error, Moodle asked my to log in as administrator, after logging I received an error page with the following message:
"Exception - Call to undefined function core_message_render_navbar_output()"

I am using PHP 7.1. I cannot check my site as this error always get prompted no matter which URL I use. I also have my Moodle under maintanance mode.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this error. If you need any other info let me know.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Víctor Mdza

Re: Exception Call to undefined function core_message_render_navbar_output() when updating to Moodle 3.8

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
If it is the theme with this line in config.php you are back on Boost:
$CFG->theme = "boost";
In reply to Víctor Mdza

ตอบ: Exception Call to undefined function core_message_render_navbar_output() when updating to Moodle 3.8

by Laurent Labidi -

Remui 3.8.2 available now...install it within Boost theme will fix the problem !