Personality test: using more than one counter in answers

Personality test: using more than one counter in answers

by Fabio Roman -
Number of replies: 5

Hello all! I would like to create some questions which, as opposed to usual personality tests, give values to different counters. That is, something like:

Question:

• Answer 1 (giving 1 point to counter 1, 0 points to counters 2,3,4)
  • Answer 2 (giving 1 point to counter 2, 0 points to counters 1,3,4)
  • Answer 3 (giving 1 point to counter 3, 0 points to counters 1,2,4)
  • Answer 4 (giving 1 point to counter 4, 0 points to counters 1,2,3)

Here I found how to create a several sections feedback, however it is not what I mean, since that tool allows to assign different questions to different counters, not different answers.

Is this possible, preferably with the standard questionnaire capabilities, but in case with proper add-ons?

Thanks in advance,
Fabio

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fabio Roman

Re: Personality test: using more than one counter in answers

by michael ruiz -

I've also been looking into doing this for some time and have yet to find a solution.  

In reply to michael ruiz

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Please try the latest versions of questionnaire. You can assign different point counts to any question in a feedback section. The documentation may not be up to date.
In reply to michael ruiz

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
It might help us help them if Michael and Fabio would kindly provide real world examples of what they are trying to achieve. That's to say a significant number of questions AND possible answers in a mock questionnaire.
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by michael ruiz -
I was trying to do a VAK assessment which I don't believe is possible currently. As Fabio mentioned, the plugin can group answers to different feedback sections but not the answers. We need to be able to tally up the grouped answers to get the result we are looking for. Below is a sample question and the goal would be to tally up the Visual, Auditory, and Kinesthetic responses to then provide feedback. I am currently looking into using something else that can hopefully be imported as an activity.

Question: When you study for a test, would you rather:
A) Read notes, read headings in a book, and look at diagrams and illustrations. (Visual)
B) Have someone ask you questions, or repeat facts silently to yourself. (Auditory)
C) Write things out on index cards and make models or diagrams. (Kinesthetic)
In reply to michael ruiz

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
@michael ruiz,
Please provide a few more questions of this type so I can really see what you want to do.