course formatting & jump to navigation bar at bottom of page

course formatting & jump to navigation bar at bottom of page

by altan ahmet -
Number of replies: 3

I have attempted building an end of topic multiple choice  quiz with one question using  a 3.1 LMS . The quiz is an activity wthin one topic containing other activities ( such as pages & books ) 

The course has been formatted with a "jump to " box which is found at the base 

I dont see the " jump to " box at the base ? When I click on finish review it takes me back to reattempt quiz ?

The only way I can go back is to click on the topic heading inthe file path, i.e. Home / course category / course name /Topic heading/Test your knowledge  quiz

In actual fact the issue arises at the end of each resource as well as the end of topic quiz activity.

This issue actually occurs with all my page resources within a topic so that  within each topic are a number of page resources and one end of topic quiz. activity. 

So the only way to go back is to click on the topic heading in the file path ( which appears at the top of the course page ).

I dont know if you can see the pics in any detail , but in layout1 theres a subheading titled " preparation ". Layout2 is taken within "preparation", but theres no " jump to " box. 

I get the "jump to" box appearing at the end of a topic only. Yet in a newer moodle cloud version ( 3.7 ) I have, I'm able to navigate with the jump to box between different resources within a topic.

In course format, it is set to topics format, hidden sections are shown in collapsed form & It makes no difference if I set " show all sections in one page " or  "show only one section per page "

Im not sure if this a function of the version of moodle 3.1 or is it something my host has set up for me or am I missing something ?

Attachment layout1.jpg
Attachment layout2.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to altan ahmet

Re: course formatting & jump to navigation bar at bottom of page

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
After Moodle 3.1, activity jump to menu was added. I forget which version. Also, please look up how to take screen shots smile - i.e. Prt Scr button etc.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: course formatting & jump to navigation bar at bottom of page

by altan ahmet -
sorry gareth, not very god pics lol smile

so you think its a function of the version I have ?