Bulk Move Course Category to Category Category

Bulk Move Course Category to Category Category

by Shaun T -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, 

I have configured question sharing using these instructions: https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Question_sharer. I have a course with lots of categories and I'd like to move to the Parent Category the course is in to be shared with other courses. I can move them one by one but there are lots and it is very time consuming. I'm looking for a script or perhaps a sql query that would be able to do it faster.

Thanks,

Shaun 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shaun T

Re: Bulk Move Course Category to Category Category

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Before you do this, I do want to warn you that having a large system level quiz bank has some negative consequences on back up and restore, because, if you back up restore and include any quizzes, it will include all accessible questions which will include the entire system level bank. I used to have a large system level bank and it got to where I could not back up or restore any courses with quizzes.
Warning aside, you should be able to make this change in the database however...you should start with Tim's database diagram of the quiz tables but I would think that there should just be a parent category field somewhere that would just need updating - Tim might correct me!!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)