Forum grading in Moodle 3.8, how to?

Forum grading in Moodle 3.8, how to?

by Jari Vilkman -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

Moodle 3.8 new features lists new grading UI and grade users-button for forum-activity:

https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/File:DocsForumGrading1.png

But how can I access this? 

I'm trying on Moodle 3.8.1+ (Build: 20200130) but I don't see "grade users"-button anywhere as a teacher or as an administrator even though I'm using grading on multiple forums.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jari Vilkman

Re: Forum grading in Moodle 3.8, how to?

by Narelle Robson -

Hi Jari,

I'm having the same problem.

Did you find a solution by any chance?

In reply to Narelle Robson

by Jari Vilkman -
No, I don't
In reply to Jari Vilkman

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

In the forum settings under whole forum grading, you need to set the grade type to Point or Scale. You can then choose a grading method, such as a marking guide or rubric. After saving the forum settings, you'll find a 'Grade users' button on the forum page.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Narelle Robson -
Hi Helen,
Thank you for responding. I have set the grade type to point, but still don't have the 'Grade users' button. I'm also missing the 'Grade to pass' option in the settings - definitely something amiss ...
forum grade settings

In reply to Narelle Robson

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Narelle,

Your screenshot looks a lot different to the one I posted, so I'm wondering whether your site is using Moodle 3.8 or 3.9? Otherwise, does your site have some customisation which affects grading?

You can see how whole forum grading works in standard Moodle on the Moodle sandbox demo.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Narelle Robson -
Hi Helen,

Yes, we are using Moodle 3.8. I also discovered that the forum activity we are using is 'open forum' which has slightly different functionality to the standard Moodle forum and, therefore, does not have the option to grade within the activity. Grading needs to be completed from the gradebook.

Thanks again for your assistance with this issue.