Changing Activity icons

Changing Activity icons

by Randy Thornton -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers

I'm wondering where the mobile theme activity icons are located and can be referenced?

These look like the standard Boost activity icons. And it has been an issue in main Moodle for a long time that they don't have selectors like other objects do and we end up just swapping out the actual icon files.

This seems to be true also of the Mobile theme. Has anyone been able to change or customize the standard activity icons in any way, or give me hand with some other information where to look for these.

Thanks,

Randy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Randy Thornton

Re: Changing Activity icons

by Mohammad Nabil -
change them via code , no , i dont know, but !
a small trick can help
make the activity hidden but available , then make a label activity with the icon you want , small image allign at right ( try and test for best fit on mobile) then copy the link of the actual activty , and past the link into the image
so the user see an icon , click it , open activity as usual
In reply to Mohammad Nabil

by Randy Thornton -
Thanks Mohammad, that is a useful trick, but since in this case there are over 250,000 activities, and we already have custom icons for all activities, that trick won't help us much.

If someone knows where the icons files are in the Mobile code and how they are bundled in, we would be willing to consider our own compile and make our own app if there is no other recourse.
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Mohammad Nabil -
i will try something and give you my feedback
i already have a branded mobile app , compiled it via phongape , i found a folder with icons with .svg extension , i do not know if i can modify them and the modification will work fine or not
any way the folder is :moodlemobile-phonegapbuild\assets\img\mod
In reply to Mohammad Nabil

by Randy Thornton -
Mohammad,

Thank you! That is very helpful. Now we know where to look. I'll let you know what progress we make with it.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)