Give a title/name to a label resource

Give a title/name to a label resource

by Jose Maria Barroso -
Number of replies: 2

Good afternoon everyone.

I've been learning from the shadow for several months. The first thing I want is to congratulate you all for the great work you do and that makes us learn many of us.

Now comes my doubt. I would like to know if it is possible to put a title name to a label resource. I want to put a name for it to appear in the next events when I put an end date in the label.

Through /mod/label/mod_form.php I have managed to see the title "general" and its text field to write. But put the title you put, the text that is written in the description always appears as the title.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you very much for your passion for moodle. Hopefully soon I can provide solutions.

Greetings to all.

P.s: Sorry for my english

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jose Maria Barroso

Re: Give a title/name to a label resource

by Mark Sharp -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Jose, welcome to the forums.
Labels don't have end dates, unless you're using the Restrict access rules:
Restrict access
Labels are intended as text areas for the page. Perhaps you might consider using the Page resource, since that has a title, and make use the the description field.
Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Sharp

Re: Give a title/name to a label resource

by Jose Maria Barroso -
Hello Mark,

Thanks for the welcome and the reply.

You're right, I'm using "Restrict access", the error is because in Spanish the translation is "End activity".

I thought about using the page resource, but we are working from labels to be able to collapse, whenever possible, each of the contents that we introduce in the courses.

Do you think it is possible to do what we want?

Greetings and have a nice day.