Automated way to check number of Quiz attempts ?

Automated way to check number of Quiz attempts ?

by Miro Iliaš -
Number of replies: 8

Hello,

is there a way to check the number of Quiz attempts ? I would like to assign Quiz grade only after making minimal number of attempts, where the total number of Quiz attempts is unlimited.

This is important for forcing students to pass the Quit at least two or three times, each time the system assigns them different random questions from a defined Quiz category.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miro Iliaš

Re: Automated way to check number of Quiz attempts ?

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I am not sure that I understand you. Let's say a student takes a quiz and gets a perfect score. Why is it important to have them take it again?
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Miro Iliaš -

Hi, this is because the Quiz has not many questions, so taking the  second round brings in different questions from the big database.

In reply to Miro Iliaš

by Rick Jerz -
Why not create a quiz with more questions?
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Miro Iliaš -

This is also good way - creating extra quiz, in fact, duplicate Quiz.

In reply to Miro Iliaš

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
There is no way to do this at the moment.

All you could do is to use https://docs.moodle.org/en/Activity_completion so the quiz is only marked complete after a set number of attempts are made.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Miro Iliaš -
Thanks for hint, Tim.

I am setting the unlimited number of attempts due to huge number of questions in the category from which much smaller subset is picked.

But if I would set the number of attempts as Quiz activity completion condition I would also have to restrict the total number of attempts of the test,what I do not want...
In reply to Miro Iliaš

by Rick Jerz -
You can always create 2 or 3 duplicates of the quiz and then tell students they have to do all three.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)