CSV Enrolment does not bulk enrol the users into a course

CSV Enrolment does not bulk enrol the users into a course

by Antoaneta Georgieva -
Number of replies: 3

Hello!

I managed to successfully create an account and enrol a user into the course I wanted to enrol them - hurray! 

However, I also need to be able to enrol and existing user into a course, and this did not work out. I tried all the settings from the drop-down but nothing worked out. 

Screenshots to illustrate what I need (and what is happening). The bottom user was the existing one, and it does not show in the Enrolments tab. It was also not enroled in the course. 

Any idea how to enrol exisitng users in a particular course? Or what the issue is? I have tried all the different settings from the drop-down menu in the previous screen. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Antoaneta Georgieva

Re: CSV Enrolment does not bulk enrol the users into a course

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Antoaneta,

The status column tells you the issue: "User not added - error" and the cause is shown in the Email address column: "Duplicate address."

Most likely you may have chosen as Upload type the "Add new only, skip existing users" and it generated the error since this second user is not is not a new user like the one in the first line. Try choosing "Add new and update existing users" as the Upload option to see if that works.

Randy
In reply to Randy Thornton

Re: CSV Enrolment does not bulk enrol the users into a course

by Jenny Chow -

So it is possible to bulk add user and enroll the new users to a course (in one import)?

If so, what is the format of the CSV file?

What would be the value for the "Enrollment" column/field?  (Course title?  Course ID?)
Do I also need to add a role column/field?  Or just have it default to how the course is set up?

So I am thinking the CSV file would look something like --

username, firstname, lastname, email,      Enrolment

jacinda, Jacinda, Kool, jkool1123@xxx.com,    Our First Course

chere, Chere, Nell, cnell@xxx.com,             Our First Course

susanr, Susan, Rey,  srey@xxx.com,              Our First Course

Where can I find more info on this?