Activity Restrictions

Activity Restrictions

by Edgar Arredondo -
Number of replies: 5

Hello, I am not given the option to restrict activities in any of my course activities.  I have toggled with the setting but am unable to get this option.

screen shot

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Edgar Arredondo

Re: Activity Restrictions

by Edgar Arredondo -

H

Attachment Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 4.05.30 PM.png

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Edgar Arredondo -
Jon,  Thank You for the information.  I went to: site administrator/advances features/Enable restrict access 

However I am unable to enable the setting.  I select it but it will not save.
Attachment Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 8.36.09 AM.png

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
So you’re ticking the box on that page and then scrolling down and clicking on “Save Changes” - and it’s not saving? What does it do after that? Return to that page, return to another page? Return to the site home page? Do you see any error messages?

Can you go to Site Admin > Development and turn debugging on, and set the display level to Developer and try again to change the restrict access setting.

What version of Moodle are you using, and what theme? Do you have any custom plugins installed?
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Edgar Arredondo -
Yes I tick the box and hit save leave page come back and it will not save.

Debuging turned on no error message. I recently upgraded to moodle 3.8.1 was using the more them in previous version but now the classic theme.

I switched to clean theme and now the system allowed me to tick the box and save. I changed back to the classic them and I am now able to use the restrict access in all courses.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Is there a more stable theme that is recommended?