Moodle marking as complete when not completed

Re: Moodle marking as complete when not completed

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
So, if you are getting a blue tick, it means complete but no grade required. A green generally means complete with required grade. A module should give green or blue but not both. You shouldn't have to check grade to pass in grades but I'd be curious what it says.

Not a storyline expert at all. You might check their boards. Tom K and Dave A are amazing. They are def experts. Usually a package will report either completed or passed (there is something in your package that either automatically assigns a value or can be forced to a value for cmi.completion_status in moodle--basically, the Element in the mdl_scorm_scoes_track table tells you where the element is reported and what it is reports is listed as the value...) It really depends on the software. Captivate reports another element cmi.success_status as passed/failed instead of reporting it in completion_status. Lectora's reporting elements work differently than Captivate. I have no experience with storyline but I suspect it does its own thing too. I *think* if your package reports passed in the status it gives a green check...but I have no way to prove that.

The last thing is completely normal. If you switch to student in an admin account and have a student role in the course, your checks will only show for student role because admin is an inherited role and doesn't get grades or completions. It doesn't mean you didn't do it, it just means you are in admin mode.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)