Foundation theme for Moodle updated for M3.7 and M3.8

Re: Foundation theme for Moodle updated for M3.7 and M3.8

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 12
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I've just released the M3.6 version, V3.6.1.0 -> moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=20959 which has the same functionality as V3.7.1.3 and V3.8.1.0:

1. Fix no popup layout #4.
  2. Only show a navbar if there are items in it, e.g. empty on the base layout.
  3. Fix user menu on mobile #3.
  4. Fix assign grader #5.
  5. Fix dashboard overflow.
  6. Fix my-index page background.
  7. Swatch fixes.
  8. Put back collapsible block functionality.
  9. Improve login page opacity.
  10. Add 'hvpfontcss' setting to allow use of theme fonts within H5P custom CSS.
  11. Add Font Awesome 5.11.2 free icons.  Turn on / off with 'fav' setting.  Please see the license file 'Font Awesome 5 Free LICENSE.txt' in the fonts folder.
  12. General style fixes.
  13. Fix position of goto bottom icon when logged out.
  14. Fix quiz drag and drop colour and not working in preview.
  15. Fix content overflow causing horizontal scrollbar when editing a quiz.
  16. Add floating drawer on screens less than 768px wide.
  17. Add Alex Gorbatchev's Syntax Highlighter (alexgorbatchev.com/SyntaxHighlighter), version 3.0.83 and 4.0.1.  Licensed under LGPLv3, www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html for 3.0.83 and MIT for 4.0.1.  There is a setting whereby you can switch between the two.
  18. Add horizontal block area functionality.  Initially used for front page marketing spots.
  19. Update to FontAwesome 5 Free v5.12.0 and add in v4 shim CSS setting.
  20. Ensure that favicon is an 'ico' file only.
  21. Add brands to the footer.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Claudio Birolini -

Hi, I installed the Foundation theme for Moodle ver.3.8.3 + but there are a couple of errors.
The logo at the top left has the wrong link to the site (missing "/" ending) 

and, still in nav-bar, there are code writings.

Do you have suggestions?

Thanks for your work!
c.b.

In reply to Claudio Birolini

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Claudio,

Interesting. With the link there does not need to be a trailing forward slash. With the navbar, that looks like a 'custom' menu, what settings do you have for that as there is already the 'My courses' menu showing.

Thanks,

Gareth

by Claudio Birolini -
Dear Gareth,

With the link it is NECESSARY to have the slash: for security reasons the connection without a bar is not accepted.

I left the default settings for the navbar menu.
I just installed Moodle and theme, I haven't tried to change anything yet.

Thanks,
cb

by Gareth J Barnard -

Ok, just searched and cannot find any security reason why the forward slash is needed.  Please supply evidence.

Cannot currently replicate the issue with the navbar.

by Claudio Birolini -
With slash it works...

Without slash it doesn't work!

by Gareth J Barnard -
That's not a security issue, it is a server configuration issue as my code for the logo is identical to that of Boost, switch themes and you'll see - so if it is a bug then it is a core one. In the meantime, you can edit 'navbar.mustache' and 'navbar-secure.mustache' in the theme's 'templates/partials' folder and add a forward slash there, then purge all caches. My code uses the core wwwroot variable from the config.php file (as core does) and if you add a forward slash there then Moodle will complain. Also this all hints at server config issues.

And do you have a test login I can use to see the navbar menu issue please?
Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by Gareth J Barnard -
!! Thanks for the login but I did not expect you to publish it publicly!!! so deleted the reply!  And logged in and changed the password.

by Gareth J Barnard -
With the navbar issue, even though I cannot replicate, I think I know why! So in '/classes/module/coursesmenu_module.php' please swap over lines 191 and 192, so that:

$branchtitle = html_writer::tag('span', $branchtitle, array('class' => 'd-none d-sm-inline'));
            $branchlabel = $output->getfontawesomemarkup('briefcase', array('icon')).$branchtitle;
becomes:

$branchlabel = $output->getfontawesomemarkup('briefcase', array('icon')).$branchtitle;
            $branchtitle = html_writer::tag('span', $branchtitle, array('class' => 'd-none d-sm-inline'));

please.

by Claudio Birolini -
Done, but it still doesn't work

by Gareth J Barnard -

Ok, please try replacing both lines with:

$branchlabel = $output->getfontawesomemarkup('briefcase', array('icon')).
                html_writer::tag('span', $branchtitle, array('class' => 'd-none d-sm-inline'));

I still think there is a server issue though as my server strips out the markup in the title.

by Claudio Birolini -
Done! EVERYTHING WORKS!
I also changed line 200 in '/classes/module/coursesmenu_module.php'
from
            $coursemenubranch->add($myhomelabel, new moodle_url('/my/index.php'), $myhomelabel);
to
            $coursemenubranch->add($myhomelabel, new moodle_url('/my/index.php'), $myhometext);

Thank you so much!

Regards

cb

by Gareth J Barnard -

Thanks.  Odd though as the code is already:

$coursemenubranch->add($myhomelabel, new moodle_url('/my/index.php'), $myhometext);