DFwiki in moodle docs wiki

DFwiki in moodle docs wiki

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 10
HI there,
I'm trying to sort out all the information about dfwiki , bugs requests and future works in the moodle docs wiki...
This are the pages if you want to soft out anything or give it a look. The dfwiki team will use this pages to track all the ideas we want to develop.
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Dfwiki
http://docs.moodle.org/en/dfwiki_requests
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Wiki_requirements
OK see you here and there... arround. Ciaorisa
Ludo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: DFwiki in moodle docs wiki

by Alexandre Belousov -
Hi, Ludo !
Your dfwiki module is great, although I'm having some problems with text formatting. I tried to use dfwiki for computer-based course with lots of source code and found out that i can't do that, because there's no way to say that this part of text is source code and please do not format it! Is there a way to exclude parts of text from markup? I mean #include, _ in the variables' names etc. The problem is that I need to set custom font for that, and sometimes custom colour to highlight some aspects. The <nowiki> doesn't help sad
Thanks!
In reply to Alexandre Belousov

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Alexandre,
I've experiencied excactly the same problem  with code.
One way arround is to place a space in the first character of the newline. But anyway the wiki parser will get the [brackets] as a link syntax.
Another way is to use a cool code editor like eclipse or netbeans that has the
html print capabilitie, then you paste the cool html into a HTML editor page. The results are great but you'll have the sameproblem with [brackets]...
The solution I use is to give the code as atachments. Combining option 1 (spaces in the beginning of lines ) and option 2 you sholud be able to work it out util I release a code plugin for wiki...
Regards
Ludo

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Marc,
Why did you start to use single square brackets for link?
Reduplication of control symbols could prevent many problems!

Single control symbols was big problem of eWiki!
In reply to Dmitry Pupinin

Re: DFwiki in moodle docs wiki (single square brackets for link)

by Ne Nashev -
He's need to support all of eWiki peculiarity for making transparent import, i think...
In reply to Dmitry Pupinin

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
We started suporting both simple and double brackets for compatibility with ewiki... I believe we can make double bracket mandatory and run a script to convert all single brackets (who actually link to something) to double.
What do you think about it Dmitry?
Marc

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Attached patch removing simple brackets support for who not need it and fix some bugs with preformated blocks.

Create page with this content for display bugs:

first line

[space]#include <file>;
[space][space]
[space]define SOMETHING;

last line

PS: You should change [space] to "space char"

by Dmitry Pupinin -
I support global converting, Marc.

I think one good standard is better than many and poor...

by Paolo Oprandi -
Hi Ludo,

If you select 'social' course format you have the option of inserting a social activities block... I don't get that option if I select DFWiki, but I think I should so I can add other Moodle activities... (using Moodle 1.6)

Otherwise, when I go to admin/site I can choose to display 1 topic section where I can put activities and this may be an alternative solution.

Also if I modify a course that had a different format, such as topics ,to be DFWiki the course crashes and you cannot get back to original course format because of the error it throws up.

Adios,
Paolo
In reply to Paolo Oprandi

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Thank you Paolo,
I note this issue at docs.moodle.org and we'll deal with it soon.
Hasta otra!
Ludo