Chrome synchronous XHR requests in page dismissal

Chrome synchronous XHR requests in page dismissal

by forst nd -
Number of replies: 3

Hay All

My Boss been googling and found that chrome is disallow sync XHR in page dismissal and hes asked me to check our Moodle site, if this will cause an problem. from testing i cant see to find a problem, but not sure, if my test are wrong or i am missing somthing.

Would any one be able to offer  some advise on this problem and a sure why of testing it, thanks i know it sounds dum but want to be safe then sorry. Before chrome makes the change fir good. 

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to forst nd

Re: Chrome synchronous XHR requests in page dismissal

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I've never seen anything like this in core Moodle. Unless you're adding some custom plugins that are doing some sort of analytics stuff, I'd imagine you'll be fine. If your testing hasn't shown any issues you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

In reply to forst nd

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
yes - there's an incoming change in https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-67175 that addresses the changes in chrome 80.
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Alex Briones -

I would like to add that we have confirmed the same issue with Chrome and Safari, and also with version 80.

We also see something more troublesome: 

• Some users are not getting any credit for Captivate modules when using Chrome and Safari browsers

Therefore, we are looking for a workaround or solution to this problem. Please comment.