Theme recommendations?

Theme recommendations?

by Peter Crownfield -
Number of replies: 2

We are using Moodle 3.8; currently using the included Boost theme.

Can anyone recommend a theme that would facilitate the following:

• Single-topic courses with course-wide Forum, Wiki, & Files resource folder accessible to all participants
  • Ability to display those options as tabs for the course or for all courses
  • No grades, so would like to hide that module from students & teachers
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Crownfield

Re: Theme recommendations?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
  • First bullet point is a course format thing (not theme) and how you set-up the course.
  • Second bullet point, I don't understand 'for all courses' when the options pertain to the course. But even though a theme can override the course renderer for the individual modules, the course format is the better place to orchestrate tabs and the section(s). I suspect you'll need to create this or pay someone to do so. Do look at the course formats available.
  • Third bullet point, that would probably be either Boost navigation fumbling or capabilities. Try the latter first.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Theme recommendations?

by Peter Crownfield -
Thanks. At least with the included themes, it is not easy to set up a course the way we want. We did find a way to make it work, but I'm hoping there's a better way. We'll take the time to search out what's available...

It wasn't hard to hide grades & grade book from students, but didn't find a way to make them unavailable to teachers as well.

(BTW, this is actually being used to manage projects, not 'courses', but we were able to do many of the needed changes via language customization.)