formatting quizzes

formatting quizzes

by altan ahmet -
Number of replies: 4

I have attempted building an end of topic multiple choice  quiz with one question using  a 3.1 LMS . The quiz is an activity wthin one topic containing other activities ( such as pages & books ) 

The course has been formatted with a "jump to " box which is found at the base 

I dont see the " jump to " box at the base ? When I click on finish review it takes me back to reattempt quiz ?

Have I formatted the quiz in a specific way which eliminates the " jump to " box ?

The only way I can go back is to click on the topic heading inthe file path, i.e. Home / course category / course name /Topic heading/Test your knowledge  quiz

Average of ratings: -
In reply to altan ahmet

Re: formatting quizzes

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hi Altan,
I cannot reproduce your issue, I see always the Jump to box at the end of the page. Have you checked that the course layout settings have not been changed?
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

by altan ahmet -
Hi Beatriz
What should I be looking for in my course layout settings that would tell me if they have been changed ?

The way I've set this particular course layout is that within each topic are a number of page resources and one end of topic quiz. activity. In actual fact the issue arises at the end of each resource as well as the end of topic quiz activity.

So the only way to go back is to click on the topic heading in the file path ( which appears at the top of the course page ).

I dont know if you can see the pics in any detail , but in layout1 theres a subheading titled " preparation ". Layout2 is taken within "preparation", but theres no " jump to " box. 
I get the "jump to" box appearing at the end of a topic only.

Im not sure if this a function of the version of moodle 3.1 or is it something my host has set up for me or am I missing something ?
Attachment layout1.jpg
Attachment layout2.jpg
In reply to altan ahmet

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hi Altan,
I understand better what you mean, thanks for the examples. It seems like a mixed combination of two settings. With the following settings, you should always see the Jump to box, it's always displayed in my courses (which I find in some cases annoying, but that's another topic):

Do you have administrator rights? The only thing that I can think of is that there are some different settings from the standard ones that you can modify with those permissions (under Appearance). Or some settings that apply for all activities and resources. In your case, there is no navigation within an activity or resource. But I don't know exactly if such settings exist or where they can be configured. Sorry that I cannot help further.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

by altan ahmet -

Hi Beatrice

Sorry I missed your reply. I'm being told elsewhere that this is a function of the moodle version I'm using. Apparently the jump to menu for resources/activities was introduced after mine.

I'm using Moodle 3.1.6