Stop resend mail

Re: Stop resend mail

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It doesn't. Well, not as far as I know.
In reply to Howard Miller

回應: Re: Stop resend mail

by cw k -
Ok, you are right, moodle doesn't, quick mail does, I should ask there, thank you.
In reply to cw k

Re: 回應: Re: Stop resend mail

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
More food for confusion:
- No mail server is supposed the resend if sending _failed_ (reject, 5xx codes). Transient errors like _deferred_ ( 4xx codes) are different.

- By "quick mail" if you mean the Moodle block Quickmail, no it is not a MTA either. It is an interface to Moodles built in MUA.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

回應: Re: 回應: Re: Stop resend mail

by cw k -
Not mail server problem,
the problem is , if some users use the email that is not exist or their mail box is full, then moodle will log a "Email failed to send" log in to the database every minute.

the log is like :
7 February 2020, 9:18 PM SENDER RECEIVER System System Email failed to send Failed to send an email from the user with id '17953' to the user with id '20291' due to the following error: "SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: USEREMAIL: : Recipient address rejected: Domain not found ". cli
In reply to cw k

Re: 回應: Re: 回應: Re: Stop resend mail

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
You say, Moodle keep on trying even if the sending fails, 5XX codes? Core Moodle does not - that is the correct behaviour. So your problem must be with Quick_mail. Ask its developers, forum General plugins(?)
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

回應: Re: 回應: Re: 回應: Re: Stop resend mail

by cw k -
Ya, I think Quickmail does that not moodle, I will try to modify the code of quickmail to stop do that, thank you.