Role permission - enrolment of linked cohorts

Role permission - enrolment of linked cohorts

by Menno Altena -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how the schools that are connected to our Moodle environment, can upload their users and put their groups into the respective courses they are working on, without having access to other schools' cohort-groups. 

For that, my idea was to create a custom role which, for instance, I could name ''IT-coordinator'' and assign that role to the specific courses and give it the permissions:

''enrol/manual:enrol''

''enrol/cohort:config''

''moodle/cohort:view''

Do I have to put this user into a group with the students who need to be grouped? Or is it possible for this user to upload a CSV-file onto our moodle-site, put them into a cohort and select users from this cohort to put them into separate groups without having access to other schools' accounts? 

I would appreciate any suggestion given. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Menno

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Menno Altena

Re: Role permission - enrolment of linked cohorts

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Anytime you give users the ability to upload users, they then have to be able to access all users because Moodle has no way to know what users they are uploading until they are uploaded.  Alternatively you might look at the bulk user enrolment plugin if they only need to add existing users to courses.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)