We're excited to announce the new features for the integration of H5P into Moodle 3.9 and the progress during these past weeks.
Our main goal for Moodle 3.9 is:
- Integration of H5P content types with Moodle gradebook and activity completion.
- Improved integration of H5P content type selection in Moodle's activity chooser.
To this end, we have worked hard to get a first functional prototype that covers most of the needs expressed in the studies and interviews conducted to the community throughout 2019.
The result, is an approach that allows Moodle to be more versatile in content creation. To do this, we have created a prototype that separates the H5P activity module from content creation. Two clearly different mindsets. One for the activity and one for the content creation. In this way, a user can create or add new H5P content from Moodle without associating them with an activity. On the other hand, through the activity, you can access those contents in a simple way and use them through a new repository where you can choose the H5P created in the Content Bank and take advantage of all the activity's functionalities as activity completion or grading. On the Content bank, you will be able to create, import and edit H5P files, among other functionalities. Through this separation, we enhance the reuse of H5P contents that are created or imported into Moodle allowing them to be used in any activity or using the Atto editor or the filter anywhere in Moodle. It will help to provide Moodle with great flexibility looking forward to the future.
We would like to add all the news and progress in the integration of H5P and Moodle every week.
- You can check the prototype of the activity here.
- We will add the link to the Content Bank prototype as soon as possible. We are still working on a full version.
- You can check the Epic for 3.9 here. We are still finishing the work of adding issues in the epic.
- To Rafael Lechugo our UX expert, for sharing with us his great ideas and for demonstrating great patience with all of us.