Slide show in header

Re: Slide show in header

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I think you are referring to functions in a theme. Maybe check your theme settings?
In reply to Melanie Scott

by Marie Rupprecht -

Hm this doesn't work either - there is nothing about the cropped images and the line distance to be altered in the theme. The slides are now moving in Safari, but still not in Firefox and Internet Explorer...not sure what to do about this...but thanks anyway. 

Does anyone have another idea? 

I am using the "Essential" theme by the way.

In reply to Marie Rupprecht

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I know you are still on 3.5...but FYI, Essential has reached end of life (won't work if you choose to upgrade beyond 3.6) and there is no support for it at this point...

So...about the cropped images--if the image doesn't fit in the space provided, Moodle crops it. You could dig in and find out the appropriate dimensions and resize your photo using file blender or something but you can't stop the crop. According to some old posts, 40 px X 40 px? The page header's height max is 64 px.

I'm not sure what you mean about the line distance--did you modify text size for the slide caption? That might change the way they display. You can't change the size of the title (without fiddling with the actual theme). You may need to look at more settings than just the slideshow heading--the header, general settings regarding page width, etc.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Marie Rupprecht -
Hi Melanie,
thanks so much for your support and the tipp about Essential not being continued...

About the cropped images: I have cropped all images beforehand so they should fit into the slider (actually, one of them does fit very well, but the two others which have the exact same size do not fit at all). Not sure what to do about that... sad Any other ideas?

About the line distance: I did not modify the text size, but the header and the rest of the text are entered in two separate boxes. I could not find any way to change the distance between those two boxes yet, so I eliminated the content for the header box and added the header to the text box. It looks a bit better now. Will have another look at the header settings and general settings.