Video not playing in HTML block

Video not playing in HTML block

by Sami A -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

We are using Edwiser Homepage builder and added an html block to add a video to the homepage. However, the video seems to be stuck on buffering as seen in the screenshot below:

We have read lots of forum posts and tried all their solutions before we posted this question. The following settings are what we have for media players

Can anyone help us with this please?

Note that the video is not playing elsewhere as well, not just in the homepage.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sami A

Re: Video not playing in HTML block

by Sami A -
bump, please help smile
In reply to Sami A

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Both your screen shot and settings are missing. Please add them again so we can see them.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Sami A -
Sorry here you are:

This is the video buffering

Here are the settings

and we had it accept all formats to try to get it working

In reply to Sami A

by Sami A -
bump, does anyone know any solution to this ? :S
In reply to Sami A

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sami,

I would suggest that you ask the people at Edwiser for help. Since that is a paid for theme, I do not have a copy to test with.

Using Boost, Classic, and Fordson, I am able to add an HTML block to my Moodle 3.8.1 front page and then insert a video and it plays as expected. Maybe you could temporarily switch to one of them and see if your video them works as expected?

In reply to AL Rachels

by Sami A -
It seems like the issue is with Edwiser. When switching to a different theme it works perfectly.

I'll be in contact with them then. Thanks for your time and help =)