Theme which shows categories before courses

Re: Theme which shows categories before courses

by Dylan Lewis -
Number of replies: 4
Yes, however, I don't want it to appear as a list. I would like it to be displayed as something a bit more presentable such as tiles... if that makes sense.
In reply to Dylan Lewis

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

In that case, if a theme does not currently have that functionality, then its a matter of writing new code to adjust an existing theme or in a new child theme of that theme.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Dylan Lewis -
Damn. I can't see many themes that do it to be honest, I was just hoping somoene had a work around.
In reply to Dylan Lewis

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, 

Its ages now since I made Moodle Themes, but I dare say you may be able to add a link, to active what you are wanting to do, from the Frontpage when using the Additional HTML setting that allows you to add some HTML yourself. You can find the link to it in the Site Administration block, providing you are an Administrator. That said, however, I need to check this out first.

I’ll have a play on my website and get back to you ASAP.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Dylan Lewis -
OK thank you. Basically, the more courses that we have, the more course tiles we have. On our old Moodle (1.6) we used to have a nice front page which would take you to a list of courses. This obviously wasn't attractive to look at, however with our current one, the course icons look awesome and its a nice way to navigate around. It would just be nice to have the option to have icons for course categories which would open to icons of courses.