MOODLE CLOUD - DIFFERENT QUESTIONS - MOODLE CLOUD

MOODLE CLOUD - DIFFERENT QUESTIONS - MOODLE CLOUD

by Margherita De Lorenzi -
Number of replies: 3

Dear Moodlers,

I have some question about MoodleCloud.

1) I have already created a course on the free option of MoodleCloud, can I take everything and put it on the mini or small option or I have to create everything again  when I will upgrade?

2) If I want to load a video in my mini or small option, can I do it ? Because now in the free version, I cannot do it.

3) If i take the mini or small option, can my classes be still available on the net in 10 or 50 years time or the account will expire ? The question is: If in 2 years time I want to opt for the normal Moodle and quit moodlecloud to give my classes, but i want to keep the moodlecloud version, can I still access to it ,if I do not pay anymore ?

thank you very much in advance,

Best

margherita maria de lorenzi

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Margherita De Lorenzi

Re: MOODLE CLOUD - DIFFERENT QUESTIONS - MOODLE CLOUD

by Margherita De Lorenzi -
I have another question about MoodleCloud:

how do I restrict access to some section or forum of my class ? Because I do not want some teacher to see or modify everything and I do not want some student to see or modify everything.

Thanks again !
In reply to Margherita De Lorenzi

Re: MOODLE CLOUD - DIFFERENT QUESTIONS - MOODLE CLOUD

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi,

If you decide to upgrade to a paid plan of MoodleCloud, your current site will be upgraded. There is no need to move/rebuild what you have - everything stays as it is

Since I work full-time on MoodleCloud, I sure hope it will still be online in 10 or 50 years, but there are unfortunately no guarantees about it. On a Moodle level, courses from 10 years ago can definitely still be restored in Moodle nowadays, so that's already a good thing. I feel this is a discussion as much about formats you use in your course as it is about the platform itself. In both cases, "I sure hope so and I'll do my best to make it happen" is the best I can say.

You can definitely load videos in a free MoodleCloud site (though the space is limited).

For both of these questions (videos and access control), since they are not MoodleCloud-specific, I strongly recommend you ask in the relevant support forum (have you tried the Assistance technique and Assistance pédagogique?).

Mathieu
Average of ratings: Useful (2)