Moodle Reporting / Attempts - Repeating Quiz

Moodle Reporting / Attempts - Repeating Quiz

by Tom Moore -
Number of replies: 2

Hello Community,

We use Moodle (obviously) as our LMS. We have established our own theme and UI/UX. We also use Articulate 360 to author our e-learning content.

In our SCORM courses we allow the learner the option to retake the quiz if they fail it. So for example, the learner will be guided through a series of scenes (animations) and interactions before being presented with a quiz. We usually have between 5 and 8 questions, with an 80% pass rate.

However, if the learner fails the course, they can retake it. The problem we are experiencing is...

1) If the learner fails the course, the package passes that result to the LMS - usually failed with %

2) If the learner stays within the course and reattempts the quiz - by pressing a button within the SCORM - the LMS does not pick up that they are re-taking the course. So even if they then pass the quiz (passed with 100%), that updated information does not get back to the LMS.

3) At the moment, the learner has to fully exit the course, click a button that says 'start a new attempt' and then look to redo the whole course, including any animations, before redoing the quiz.

I am sure it is possible to complete multiple attempts within SCORM without having to exit and have each quiz attempt be sent back to the LMS? Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Tom.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Moore

Re: Moodle Reporting / Attempts - Repeating Quiz

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I'll move this to the SCORM forum, where it seems to belong.
In reply to Tom Moore

Re: Moodle Reporting / Attempts - Repeating Quiz

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I don't have much experience with Articulate but quite a lot with SCORM generally--your Articulate package should have something at the end of the quiz where you can click a button to retake the quiz.  The downside of this is you cannot track the history of attempts this way. The button/actions should return the student to the beginning of the quiz and reset the quiz results. I've done something like this in Lectora (super easy to do this with layered action sequences and you have lots of options) and with Captivate, which is trickier (but sometimes tracks multiple attempts within the same module). It is my understanding reporting features for Articulate lie somewhere in between these two because Articulate has less granular control than Lectora and more flexibility than Captivate.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)