Influence of suspended MoodleCloud service for 'offline' users

Influence of suspended MoodleCloud service for 'offline' users

by Jessica Kellerman -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

We have a Moodle cloud site and the subscription is coming up for renewal in a few weeks.

Most/all our users currently access the content offline through the Moodle app.

We're in the process of determining whether Moodle Cloud is the right place for the site for the next year, or if we need to move it elsewhere (depending on a number of factors).

Due to red tape, it could happen that a final decision is not made by the time the subscription comes up from renewal.

How will users accessing content offline through the app be affected? Will they still have access until they go online again, or will their access stop the same day subscription is suspended (if it isn't paid).

Having all the facts will help prioritise decision making.

Thanks.

Jessica

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jessica Kellerman

Re: Influence of suspended MoodleCloud service for 'offline' users

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Jessica,

Sorry to hear you might have to leave MoodleCloud.

The offline availability of content in the Moodle app depends on the each activity. I suggest you turn the wifi & data connection off on your phone and see what works and what doesn't once you're "offline". I am unfortunately not sure if the app reacts differently in the case where the connection is not "offline", but the site is suspended.

Either way, I would strongly suggest you download both a course backup from your site, and a full site export from the MoodleCloud portal (under the "Tools" tab in the portal).

Mathieu
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Mathieu Petit-Clair

Re: Influence of suspended MoodleCloud service for 'offline' users

by Jessica Kellerman -

Hi Mathieu

Thank you for your reply.

Great tip on the course backup - thank you. I'll make sure to do that just in case. 

Kind regards

Jessica