Offline attendance with Moodle mobile app

Re: Offline attendance with Moodle mobile app

by Dan Marsden -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Shiv,

Sounds like you have made some good progress investigating this - great!!

FYI I am a volunteer GSOC mentor, and I volunteer time working on a number of plugins (like Attendance) so I won't always have time to respond quickly.

The Quiz activity is built into Moodle core, where-as the Attendance plugin is a 3rd party plugin - typically only "core" plugins are supported directly within the app, so there might be a barrier getting attendance specific code built-into the core Moodle app. Typically the remote add on option is used for this - and I don't really want to maintain a remote-add within the Moodle code-base unless a client funded my time to do this with the intention of helping with the maintenance costs.

If you could improve the existing app in a generic way that allows for plugins to make better use of offline capabilities without having to build specific plugin code within the app that might be more acceptable to the mobile app team.