Sending message to all users that have not complete a course

Re: Sending message to all users that have not complete a course

by ben reynolds -
Number of replies: 1
That's a very interesting plugin. Unfortunately, I work in a very by-the-book only-out-of-the-box shop, so I've got no way to test it. I'll be interested to see how it does. Good discussion forum as far as I read.
My group has only been using course completion since January. So, this is new territory for me. Previously, we just looked at the gradebook and relied on instructors to send reminder emails (via messaging, for example) to do Thus-and-Such activity. Then the course ended and a student had/had not completed.
But the course completion report downloads student name and email address, so, it's not all that tough to filter in a spreadsheet and copy emails and send a bulk email "Do This-and-Such Activity" to complete your course.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to ben reynolds

Re: Sending message to all users that have not complete a course

by Chris Swinney -
FWIW, I did test this plugin on my demo Moodle deployment where I have full control (I have limited ability on our production hosted platform, but can get plugins installed if required), but I don't think this will do what we need. It seems to mainly work on topics/activities that have been started but not completed, whereas we have pre-provisioned users that may not have engaged at all with the course as yet.

Automations like this are immense time savers. Indeed, in my initial post I noted that I could indeed download a set of users as a csv, then filter offline and bulk email. Of course, I need to ensure that I remember to do this, or that others are shown how to do this, and even though "it's not all that tough" to complete this task, it still takes time.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)