Themes wil not register

Themes wil not register

by Carl Kennard -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

We've just installed a new instance of Moodle and are trying to apply the theme we created for our other Moodles but have run into problems creating it. We have saved a copy of our style sheet folder into the themes folder but it doesn't appear in the listing of available themes in the admin area. We also tried just copying one of the existing folders but the copy doesn't appear either. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carl Kennard

Re: Themes wil not register

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Carl,

When I've experienced this it's been resolved by checking permissions.

Cheers

Ray
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Carl Kennard -

Thanks for responding, which permissions do you mean?

In reply to Carl Kennard

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi,

"which permissions do you mean?"

Of the theme folder and files within e.g. 777 etc. I'm not an expert at the server end stuff but I wonder if there is an issue with ownership too.

In the past I've copied a custom theme to a server and it's not been present in the area where themes are selected. Checking the permissions are set to 777 has sorted this (I'm assumimng you're still using Linux for this installation).

Just thought about this too.... thoughtful .... if I've had problems with this and uploaded a zip file with the theme folder etc. and unzipped it on the server it's worked as expected i.e. theme is visible for selection. Don't ask me why though....

Hope you get this sorted...

Cheers

Ray