Language customisation for Site announcements forum

Language customisation for Site announcements forum

by Sahab Sabri -
Number of replies: 3

Hello there fellow Moodlers!

I've been customising a Moodle 3.8 test site front page, specifically the 'Site announcements' forum title via Language Customisation, though the saved changes do not appear.

I have also tried removing and re-adding the section and cleared browser cache to no avail.

The intended change is to modify the title of the forum/section that appears on the front page for site level announcements. No posts have been made to the forum as yet.

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Sahab

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sahab Sabri

Re: Language customisation for Site announcements forum

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

How about first checking that you are modifying the correct language string as explained in 'Finding the component and string identifier' in Language customisation.

Then, if your change is stil not showing up, it may be because of server caching.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Sahab Sabri -

Thanks Helen,

I tried that to no avail, then our vendor Pukunui found a solution using the following Custom CSS in the Theme General Settings:

#site-news-forum > h2:before {
  content: "Latest announcements";
  color: #555;
}

In reply to Sahab Sabri

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
If you mean the "Site announcements" forum on the front which is created by default, its name is not in the language strings, rather it is like any other string you enter. For example, if you use the Multi-Language Content filter, make it apply to headings too (see screen shot) then translate heading to whatever you like using the usual syntax.
Attachment translate-site-announcements.png