I'm stuck in Moodle 3.8 installation

I'm stuck in Moodle 3.8 installation

by Mohamed Abdel-Bary -
Number of replies: 2

I cannot enter the admin password for new Moodle 3.8 fresh installation.

I'm using WAMP server on Windows Server 2012 R2 (Apache apache2.4.37,  php 7.2.14, mysqlnd 5.0.12).

N,B. 

In this same environment, I can upgrade from moodle 3.7 to moodle 3.8; however the drop-down menus are not working. I had to disable cacheJjs for these menu to respond.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mohamed Abdel-Bary

Re: I'm stuck in Moodle 3.8 installation

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Qualfications for this response ... don't run Windows myself but have assisted folks.

Suggestion ... to install any Moodle version that has issues with the 'special javascript' protections for admin password, use the command line install.php script found in moodlecode/admin/cli/

That will prompt for the same information ... like path to moodledata directory so locate before executing the install.php.  Same for DB user DB password, DB name, etc.   Takes apache server out of the loop on installs.

After you get site up and running, probably a good idea to execute the script in moodlecode/admin/cli/ to purge the cache.

Moodle caches a bunch.

Extremely important to set up a cron job for Moodle.  So first thing ... before themes/content ... get that working properly on your platform.

Good luck!

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Mohamed Abdel-Bary

Re: I'm stuck in Moodle 3.8 installation

by Acqua Alta -
Please see MDL-67327, a Moodle 3.8 issue that will be fixed in Moodle 3.8.1
Average of ratings: Useful (1)